Welcome to Miss Zumstein's Bakery and Coffee Shop
Come visit us...we believe ‘Sweets Make Life Sweeter’
5027 NE 42nd Ave. Portland, Oregon 97218 971.279.2746
Monday - Friday 7:00am-7:00pm | Saturday 8:00am-7:00pm | Sunday 8:00am-5:00pm
Order Sweets for Valentine's Day!
Photo Credit: Boris Zharkov
Sweets Make Life Sweeter!
To place an order call the shop!
For inquiries send us an email
Having a special event?
Select from cakes, desserts or cookies »
Classic Layer Cakes
- Chocolate Buttermilk
- Dark cocoa and Extracto coffee in this cake make it a favorite –layered with your choice of rich chocolate frosting, bittersweet ganache or light chocolate buttercream
- Banana Cream Cake
- Banana butter cake layered with freshly sliced bananas, brown sugar pastry cream and frosted with whipped cream-toasted walnuts optional
- Auntie’s Carrot Cake
- A cinnamon spice cake iced with rich cream cheese frosting
- Coconut Cake
- A bite of this and you’re on a tropical vacation! Layered with coconut pastry cream, whipped cream and iced with Swiss meringue buttercream covered with toasted coconut
- Classic Vanilla
- A pure vanilla buttercake delicious with preserves or seasonal fruit
- Old Fashion Yellow Cake
- Happy Birthday to you… with Rich Chocolate Frosting
- Lemon Poppy seed
- Layered with perky lemon curd filling …iced with Swiss meringue buttercream
- Hazelnut Sponge Cake
- A light airy cake layered with seasonal berries or fruit, pastry cream and iced with whipped cream or buttercream
A few more varieties:
- Rich Chocolate Torte w/Toasted Almonds and Orange Zest
- Hazelnut Génoise
- Carrot Cake...nuts, currants, pineapple
- (More Varieties Available Upon Request)
- 6" Serves 6-8
- 8" Serves 10-12
- 9" Serves 12-16+
- 10" Serves 16-20+
- 12" Serves 35-40+
To place an order call the shop. . .for inquiries send us an email »
Click to Open Cake Gallery
has been serving the Portland area since 2007, producing highest- quality seasonal cakes, cookies and desserts using classic American recipes, often with a twist.
Sole proprietor Anja Spence is a Portland native who has been baking professionally for nearly two decades, with experience as a pastry chef at Genoa, Castagna and several other great local institutions, and a strong interest in American culinary history and traditional food ways. These experiences influence her daily craft. Spence believes in practice, practice, practice and has refined her style over the years with the philosophy of honoring classic and traditional recipes while employing sensibilities of staying local, seasonal and sustainable. She also loves butter.
Summer - Fall 2011
Spring issue 2010
Summer/Fall 2007 Issue
Spring/ Summer 2009
Miss Zumstein was voted Best Custom Wedding Cakes of 2006 by Oregon Bride Magazine
Local Artisan Gift Baskets
Under the table with Jen
Jen blogs about her search for the perfect pie. While on her quest, who should she run into but our own Miss Zumstein.
took notice of Miss Z's Cookie of the Month Club...makes a great gift!
In the Newspaper:
Best Eats - Desserts
Miss Zumstein cited as the maker of the "Best Seasonal Pie" featured at Half & Half.
Entree 2008 Dining Guide
Miss Zumstein received a lovely mention in a write up about her friends at Cava.
In-House Hot Sauce